Adds a new category of items - explosives. Those can help you mine those pesky hard blocks, destroy enemies and vehicles and clean up unused fences and rails!
To get started, visit the Miner after you return from Sunset Haven and she will have a new explosive quest line for you!
- Bombs! Five kinds of explosives you can craft at Miner. Small bombs, large bombs, shaped charges, underwater bombs and flying bombs all ready to be used.
- New resource! To craft bombs, you need to gather a new rare resourcs first.
- New quests! Miner won't make bombs for you until he learns how and gets all the resources. Embark on two new quests to discover the beauty of explosives
- Bombs! Er, did I already tell you you can make bombs? What are you waiting for then?
Bombs damage enemies, you, mine tiles around, destroy vehicles, chop down trees and even burn loosely placed items like nets, chests ,rails and more. Be careful and always wear protective gear!
As of 1.0.1, bombs even give you proper experience for hurting enemies. No XP for mining though.
Bugs and leftovers
- Currently all the bombs are made only at Miner and Advanced Lab. I plan to make the progression more slow and add more kinds of bombs in the future.
- When you mine using bombs, you get no experience (but you still get your loot & experience from enemies you kill)
- The bombs can mine any tile except for bedrock or blackstone. While you might feel this is a big plus, I plan to limit this so they fit into the current story.
- Magical bombs are not a thing now, but will be! Hopefully :)
If you have any ideas, leave them in the comments, I will be happy to read them!
Bomb Extension Framework
Do you want to make your own bomb mod? Now you can! If you refer people to this one as dependency, adding your own bombs is as easy as this:
<tilesheet id="helium.png" width="16" height="12" /><tile id="helium_bomb" sheet="helium.png" x="0" /><animation id="helium_bomb" x="0" count="20" length="2" />
<object id="helium_bomb_fuse" tile="helium_bomb" animation="helium_bomb" />
<item id="helium_bomb" icon="helium_bomb.ico" weight="1" cost="450" extends="bomb_base"
bomb_damage="50" bomb_element="fire" bomb_radius="2"
bomb_underwater="false" bomb_flying="true" bomb_ground="false" />
<recipe id="helium_bomb" type="explosives" creates="helium_bomb">
<type id="advanced_lab" />
<item id="saltpetre" count="3" />
<item id="refined_oil" count="1" />
<item id="sulfur" count="2" />
<item id="helium_sac" count="1" />
You just need to define an item extending "bomb_base" and fill in some parameters that should be pretty self explanatory. Of course you should include a recipe and bomb placement animation and if you plan on making a new explosion size, then also explosion animation (but feel free to reuse the existing ones!).